Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trashy

As I looked at my list of things which complicate my life, I noticed a very defined theme. Paper. Paper bills, junk mail, piles of paper, receipts, policies, paystubs, statements, canceled checks, gift cards, coupons, investment information, the list keeps going. I feel like I am swimming in paper. Yesterday I worked on the beginning phase in sorting through the mounds of stuff in our office. One large box became "items to sort through." I was able to throw away a lot and cleared a full filing cabinet drawer for education related materials. Although I know there is a ton more to do, I felt really good about yesterday. It already looks much better. Then, this morning I got the perfect email about trashing papers: 

http://newsgeni.us/out.php?title=When_to_Trash_Old_Papers 

Check it out. I am going to use this as a guide while sorting through the giant box today.

No comments:

Post a Comment