Friday, August 7, 2009

Rock Bottom

This past weekend we went to Vegas. I love Vegas, but this was the first ever trip where I truly felt like the "fat friend." I also felt like the girl in the ugly clothes and the poor girl, but that is beside the point. I know in my brain that I am not fat. I am a little chubby. And to be totally honest, most people would never know this (until I put on a bathing suit in Vegas). Today though, I stepped on that dreaded scale and the numbers I saw scared me. Lets call those numbers "X" (an idea hatched by my brilliant friend Chu). So, these scary numbers made me realize that it really is time to hit hard and get serious about losing the extra meat. When I graduated high school, I weighed 95 pound. I will admit that was extremely unhealthy, but at age 29 my weight has gradually crept up and up and up. This weekend was a total eye-opener. I have have hit rock bottom multiple times though, so I thought if I blogged about my eating and my situations, it may hold me more accountable. Putting this in print will make it more "real" instead of just saying I would like to lose weight. I really want to get healthy, get toned, and lose weight the healthy way. My goal....To lose between 14-17 pounds.I know I am not fat, but I also know I would feel so much better about myself and my body if I lost this weight. So please help me out and keep me accountable. Thanks magical blog world.

Well, since I am going to go hard core here, I may as well treat myself to some 10pm pancakes :). They are whole wheat.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it. Its about making you feel fit, feeling your best, and doing it the healthy way. Now you just need a project plan :^) If you line it out, how you plan on getting there and by when, it should really help. xoxo

    ReplyDelete