Thursday, August 13, 2009

Living the Skinny Life


Losing weight is just one way for me to get closer to living what I call "the skinny life." This is my own version of living in a green, healthy, minimalistic way-life gone streamlined. It seems to be an ongoing process. At this moment, life feels cluttered and weighted down. I have implemented a "good will" box and I am working hard to weed through my life and put more and more things into that box. Once everyday life becomes more streamlined and skinnier, it will be easier to focus on fulfilling my own dreams and goals. 

OK, so far all summer I have just been "trying" to get through paper work and clothes and books and eat healthy. As of yet, I have not set goals to get there. The more specific the better. And I think any time things are put in writing I definitely listen to them more. 

Although I am still focused on losing weight and eating healthy, Focus #1 will be reducing the clutter (of course if I lose a few pounds in the meantime, all the better).

I recently read the book 10-Minute Clutter Control by Skye Alexander. I am going to be incorporating a lot of the ideas in this book into my home makeover. Stay tuned for more on my new and improved "skinny life."

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely help with the paperwork/files and organization in the office, no joke. As soon as we're in escrow, lets try to setup a day.

    ReplyDelete