Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our New and Improved Office

Ahhhhhh. That is really all there is to say. I am not sure why, but when we moved into our place three and a half years ago, we had the entire downstairs done in wood laminate, yet our downstairs office done in carpet. I have no idea why this seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns out the only one in our household who actually enjoyed the carpet was our dog, Ali who believed it was a fabulous substitute for grass when she was too lazy to use her doggy door. Now, countless gallons of stain remover later, we finally made the change and it is awesome!!

Today was a pain with all the furniture moving and paper sorting but now that it is done, I feel super proactive and ready to do great things. The office had totally been bringing my husband down too. He works full time from home and how can a person be productive in that type of environment? Dusty, cluttered and stained- probably a pretty apt description of our minds too when we were in there. At some point, I think we just threw our hands in the air and did most of our work from the living room. Now, we both have a renewed energy. It is so interesting how changes in our environment can affect us so greatly. I even incorporated some feng shui elements. A living plant, wood in our corner for business growth. I am not sure I completely trust every feng shui principle, but it sure does help create a nice energy. Maybe its that energy that makes the feng shui principles seem to work. Either way, I am excited about our new and improved office. Living (and working) is getting easier! Just one more step on my journey to The Skinny Life.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! This is great news. You'll have to tell me all about your flooring and who put it in, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete