Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

When it comes to getting in shape, I am by far my worst enemy. I can easily find any other thing to do with my time besides using it to get fit (many of these options include my television). Yesterday was not perfect, but I have to say I was pretty proud of myself for putting in some practice. Yesterday, I ran.  I know it wasn't pretty, but at least I forgot about what bystanders must be thinking and put foot to pavement. The weezing and heel pains weren't great, but it did feel good to be outdoors and to feel like I was doing something good for myself finally. I was right about needing to walk part of the way which was sort of a bummer, but walking is still better than sitting on my couch. My total amount of running was probably around three blocks-I walked quite a bit more. I know to most people that may not sound like a lot, but it is the most I have run since around 1993, so I am damn proud of it. Next time....four blocks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment